An initiative from residents for residents
Inspired by success stories from other villages across the country, a small group of Martinstown residents have been discussing the possibility of developing an initiative to make Martinstown a ‘green’ sustainable village.
Deborah and Andy Daw • Keith & Michaela Howat • Trliby Fairfax • Tom and Sally Webb • Jo Lacy Smith • Colin Tracy
Green Martinstown Group Aims and Guidelines
Here are some simple guidelines to help us achieve our aims in a peaceful and respectful manner.
• Our aim is to help Martinstown become more sustainable - leading to carbon neutrality; recognising that this will take however long it takes
• Green Martinstown is non-political
• We are a non-confrontational group, every voice should be heard and respected
• We welcome all Martinstown residents to join in and support our aims
• We recognise human activity is contributing to major climate change but we do not apportion blame or point the finger at anyone – rather, we are and have all been party to taking from 'nature' (as if nature is different from ourselves) with little thought to the consequences. Re-assessing our relationship to nature is crucial to genuine sustainability
• We do not focus on the threats of climate change, more on the benefits of taking action.